Old 11-01-2009, 06:31 PM
rashire
N00b

rashire is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rashire
Windows 7 Sync Issues

I've been having issues for a few weeks trying to sync my phone with my new Windows 7 computer. I've looked all around for solutions with no results so with the recent front page listing of p55 issues with iPhone and on advice from BigDiesel07 I'm posting here in hopes I can finally resolve this issue.

Phone:
HTC Touch Pro (RAPH800) on Sprint
Issue was initially with MightyROM6 (WM 6.5) flashed, but persisted after flashing to EnergyROM (WM6.5.1 23081)

PC:
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-P55UD4P
CPU: Intel i7 860
RAM: 8 GB ddr3 1600 Corsair Dominator
(I can list the rest if anyone deems a piece relevant)

In my quest to resolve my issues I have re-flashed my phone upwards of 5 times, and reformatted my computer once. All resulting in the same issue.

I plug the phone in, without installing anything, Windows downloads 'Windows Mobile Device Center' and attempts to install 'Generic RNDIS' Driver software then states installation of 'Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter' has failed.

Looking at details under device manager i see:

Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter
Device type: Network adapters
Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

The phone syncs perfectly with my XP machine, and the disk drive mode works with windows 7 just fine. If I disable 'faster data synchronization' in usbtopc the Connection window on the phone stays opening trying to connect on '`USB' and Windows recognized the device as 'USB Composite Device'.

At no point does Windows Mobile Device Center display anything other then 'Not Connected'.

Any input into how to resolve this is appreciated and if I forgot any details you think are important just ask and I will fill them in.