Threadstarter

acdc_rulz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Waiting to get Imagio until the SPL unlocker is released

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboy292000 View Post
I don't totally "get" your reasoning.

SPL might happen and then it might not. There were some promising signs but it's not over until it's over.

I don't know that you need to tweak the phone to get it work right - that really depends. I am sure that people that have no clue about this forum or tweaks can run the phone and be happy with it. We mess with this stuff often and running a stock ROM is not cool but eh - not sure how that necessarily makes the phone unusable.

My wife for example is running her xv6900 with stock ROM and is happy. I have flashed mine 5 times at least and I am happy. But I also ran for a year and a half with stock ROM and was happy too, messed with it just for GPS (not a problem with Imagio).
Dunno.
The reasoning is this - without a SPL and a custom ROM and from what I have seen of the phone on this forum and in the Verizon store, it is not worth it to get this phone and go through the various tweaks. I would rather chip a few bucks to someone like NFSFan to do the custom ROM work or do it myself with a ROM kitchen. In addition, I already went down that path with my XV6900 and it was a long year dealing with that phone's crappy ROM until I finally got a custom ROM I liked - NFSFan's(let alone the GPS issues). Yeah, the display on the Imagio is great and the GPS is already unlocked but the boot-lag and battery problems have me concerned(posted on this forum). As well, the responsiveness (due to the RAM usage in part) already is pretty bad for a relatively good-powered CPU.

I am now in the 30 day period where I could try out the Imagio and Droid so as another poster said, I am in a win-win situation no matter which phone I ultimately decide on and will just try both.