View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 04:50 PM
jasjarman
N00b
Threadstarter

jasjarman is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Does Apple Have Patent On The Back Of The Iphone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandebe View Post
that looks pretty good.

I might try to get my hands on a 2nd door to try this on my own

what grit sandpaper did you use, what kind of paint?

It depends how fast you want to get done.
Use 180 to knock out the edges and rubber silivone stuff they use on the right side. Once its all even and rounded out top,bottom,and sides than do this.

Use 1000 grit to smooth out the scratches of the 180 grit. Than use 1500 to get rid of the 1000 grit scrathes. The 1500 grit will also smooth the whole cover nicely.

TIP: Remove the camera hole cover(so you can sand with ease). It just pops out pushing fom outside to in. There are just 4 stall tabs holding the cover with a little pressure. When you get everything done push it back in place.

Also, use some megiars color restore (or the like) to polish your finish cover. I also use the stuff to shine the dull front plastic of the phone. My imagio looks newer than when I bought the thing.

Btw, You can use any paint you want once you have it down to the plastic. I used enamel paint because the clear coat they sell in aerosol are generic. The enamel leaves it very shiny. I also polished it with some rubbing compound #7 to get rid of the paint smell. Than I polished it out with the meguiars mentioned above.

Sounds like alot of work and it is but I do this kind of stuff all the time so its not bad for me. Try it, I PROMISE you its worth it!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by jasjarman; 10-31-2009 at 11:04 PM.