View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 10:46 AM
krohnjw
Regular 'Geeker

krohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Coming from Touch Pro to Touch Pro 2? - read/share here

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesok View Post
Memory resourses: While TP2 has the same 288 of ram as TP on the paper, it has less RAM available to you when used with stock ROM(hoping for custom ROMS to resolve this). I was used to seeing under 45% usage on TP, with TP2 its well over 55% mark(currently at 70% after running all day with no resets). Same with available internal storage - on TP with fresh install i usually had over 220mb of available space with stock ROM on TP2 its was less than 170mb. Again hoping for custom ROMS to resolve this
As far as available memory (RAM) have you guys thought about disabling ResProxy? This will gobble up memory rather quickly pre-caching files so that the launching of applications seems faster. MightyMike has a good post here as well as info for decreasing the amount of memory it uses to 0

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...32&postcount=6

After setting it to 0 I boot around 40% free and really never have to "manage" the memory any longer (same experience as the TP).