dafuse
N00b

dafuse is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Coming from Touch Pro to Touch Pro 2? - read/share here

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenu View Post
I'll go with the "Men of few words" review: the TP2 is superior to my TP1 in every way except size and weight. I would murder a room full of TP1's for a single TP2.
For me, it's not in "every" way. I was stunned to find less memory on the TP2. I find myself forced to manage memory for the first time in a long time with the TP2. I'm pretty disappointed with that.

Apart from that, after 2 days of using the TP2, having had a TP1 for a year, my thoughts are:

- Battery life is indeed better than TP1. Significantly. It's not on par with my work Blackberry, but it's a lot better than TP1. I got to 7PM before hitting 10% battery level yesterday, after having had 2 hours of phone use, Exchange email "As items arrive" with about 200+ emails, Hotmail same setting but about 20 emails, RSS reading, some browsing, a bit of You Tube, and 20 minutes of music over Bluetooth during the commute home. That would have had my TP1 dead at noon.
- It seems faster, for everything.
- The annoying lags are still there, but they are less annoying because the unit faster. The lag when you press "send" on an email and then switch back to portrait mode, Opera oreintation switches, etc are all still present, but to a significantly lesser degree because of teh improved performance.
- Slider answer. Perfect. I hadn't found an acceptable 3rd party solution with TP. S2U2, Pocket Shield and Sensor Lock all had nasty effects on the phone and were unusable for me.
- I've had no functional issues at all. Connected to Plantronics BT headset, Sony car stereo for both phone and music without any issues or performance impacts.
- I can't explain this, but it's far better than the TP1 at scrolling and navigating non-TF3D screens, like email and the WM settings screen. The finger scrolling is simply great. I can't explain it because essentially, TP1 had the same SW and OS (WM6.1 Sprint). I don't accidentally select Web links when scolling emails anymore. I don't accidentally open articles in RSS. It just works better for that. Maybe the screen size? In any case, this is a pleasant surprise that has made the experience so much better on the TP2. Because of this, I don't miss the D-Pard from the TP1. I was afraid I would.
- The lag when receiving a phone call is shorter. The TP2 rings after two rings in the caller's ears, which used to be 3-4 rings for the caller with the TP1. HUGE improvement for me. This was a major point of disatisfaction for me on the TP1. I was missing inbound calls all the time. 3rd party lockers would make that even worse.
- I prefer the new dialer
- The TF3D enhancements are nice

So, I think all the improvements outweigh the negatives, in my mind. Even though I'm a bit upset at the memory, I will most likely keep the TP2. All in all, I am very satisfied.

Last edited by dafuse; 10-31-2009 at 10:27 AM.