View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 10:09 AM
raidzero
N00b

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: build os questions!!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
so i can use any sys files the are for 480 x 800? and what is xip?
xip stands for execute in place, it is the closest thing to BIOS on PC, but for the phone. it is what boots the phone, its the kernel of the OS. in laymans terms, it is the ROM folder in the kitchen. and yes any SYS that are for 480 x 800 will work.

sometimes you will find ALL_RESV_ALL_RESH, this contains all resolutions so will have to weed out anything that is not DPI_192, like DPI_96.. or RESH240_RESV320. leaviung only DPI192 and 480x800.

you sound pretty new to cooking so I have to ask... why not use a newer kitchen? they have many benefits and are a bit easier. buildOS is a thing of the past.. it cannot even take advantage of the WM 6.5 native kernel! (I think..)