View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 09:17 AM
Adrianh85
Serving the Metro DC Area
Threadstarter

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Re: build os questions!!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
I do not know of a tool but you can manually do it. an OEM contains an RGU (for reg entries) a DSM, which contains dependency/version information, both of these files must have the same name but .RGU and .DSM extention. the name is a hexadecimal number. for example: 80410518-4ef2-428c-8b47-4cb5a79e4c5b. this is called a GUID. the dsm and rgus must be in this naming format. I prefer to start my GUIDs with fffffffff- that way my OEMs are processed last. EXTs are processed alphabetically, OEMs are processed by GUID. just rename an EXT app.reg into GUID.RGU and create a blank file called GUID.DSM (you most likely will not need to put any information in it, but if you do there is DSM_editor. OEMs do not have subdirectories (except of course for modules), so put all your files in the root of the OEM, rename app.dat initflashfiles.txt. that is pretty much it for converting ext to oem. This can probably be scripted in batch without too much trouble.
Thanks, so basically i have to do this for every piece of software!!? ok so what about the other files? when i look at the stuff for the tp i also see(in build os)

sys_21210_192dpi_0409
i assume is the system files for os verison 21210 @192 dots per inch(vga @640x800)

A rar that says Devicename_core
i dont know what that is

and device_drivers

and i assume that PPCkitchen_OEM_VGA file cannot be used and i need wvga software for the device

im willing to make this work even if i have to go it myself just need some insite and help from people that have done this and have experence!!!

any other knowledgable staff or member please pm me or post ur insite

Last edited by Adrianh85; 10-31-2009 at 09:28 AM.