View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 06:28 PM
breakmyfootoff
That guy with the axe

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What's so great about Android 2.0 OS? Or the Driod?

There's a couple of things kind of drawing me in. A good part of it is the hardware admittedly. That thing looks amazing fast in the video reviews I've seen, higher resolution screen than anything else out also. As far as the OS, the open source platform that they are using is getting developers excited and thats causing the OS to grow and improve by leaps and bounds. Android is only 1 year old as of Oct 22nd, and already on version 2.0 (and each .1 version had some pretty substantial updates. Also after only one year there are already over 10,000 apps for the Android market and it's growing exponentially, Android Market is expected to surpass the iTunes store in less than 2 years. The over all look of the OS is good, and seems to have a pretty good degree of customization as well. The augmented reality apps are pretty cool, and with google being behind the OS you can bet the GPS navigation and search features are top notch. It has 2 processors, one for voice and one for data, so recieving a call doesnt kill your data connection. Those are the things I can think of off the top of my head right now without going back through and looking at pages I've bookmarked. I dont see it as being the "ultimate" phone quite yet, largely due to the aesthetics (underbite, keyboard, square) but it is definitely bringing good things to the table.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 10-30-2009 at 06:30 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.