View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 03:49 PM
suzannaski
Lurker

suzannaski is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Hero Reviews

I've had the phone about 24 hrs, and so far so good. The hang-up with my face problem that I had with the Vogue is gone, but I still accidentally hi tthe keys. Salesguy said there was some sensor that detecs when the phone is against your face to stop those problems, but either the sensor didn't take into consideration that skin gets cold in cold weather, or its not working.
It's out of the box configuration is way better than all of the cooking I had done on my vogue.
It is FAST! as long as you have signal, that is. It also buzzes without turning on completely when you get a text.
I was worried about the touchscreen keyboard, because that was always a PIA for me, but the new touch keyboard is bigger, and by rotating the phone to landscape, the keys get even bigger. Again, great for cold weather texting!
The downside is that I have to figure out how to customize. Not to the extent that I needed before, but I am an artist and I like to have my own background, font and clock. I miss the HTCcustomizer. (Anyone know of the Hero/droid equivalent?)

Oh, one other thing- I could only get the usb mount to work with vista, and had to resort to taking out the sd card and putting it in my XP laptop directly to move things from pc to phone. Any thoughts why? I did restart to make sure all was well. Had to download the htc sync from their website because phone-> pc wasn't working.

Last edited by suzannaski; 10-30-2009 at 04:19 PM.