View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 07:11 AM
isleepy1
Lurker

isleepy1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Does sprint now have the crappiest selection of PPCs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
Well, VZN is releasing 2 new Android phones Nov. 6th. One of them you've already mentioned, Droid/Sholes, will be the only phone available in the US with the 1GHZ Snapdragon processor at that time. Then the Dragon/Passion is rumored to release before 2010, also with the 1GHZ Snapdragon and the 4.3 inch screen. At this point there's not even a credible rumor of sprint recieving a Snapdragon phone. Some are hoping that the HD2 will makes it's way to Sprint, but so far the only real info shows it going to T-Mo. What it boils down to right now is that the other carriers have what sprint has, but sprint doesnt have what the other carriers have, like the HD2, Sholes, Dragon, and the Imagio. That could all change next month, but as of right now, thats how it is.

You neglected to mention one of these phones verizon is launching is the hero which has been available to sprint for the last 3 weeks.... But even with the launch of these 4 phones (plus the imagio) i still don't see how anyone is "too far ahead of sprint" especially considering 4 outta 5 mentioned here are for verizon and OP considers att and tmobile to be the leaders in the smartphone category. The Imagio is basically the diamond 2 (same specs as tp2 without keyboard) The Dragon and HD2 look nice, but are still rumors and fuzzy pictures so I'll believe it when I see it and are defiantly NOT available now, and like you said by the time they do release who knows what carriers will be offering. Yes the Druid (sholes) as stated previously is something sprint does not currently offer yet so +1 for verizon on that. If you want to talk about what one carrier has that sprint doesn't how about we talk about the Moment or for that matter the Pre? Two smartphones available today from sprint no other carrier has. Which brings me to my orginal point, besides the druid and Iphone what is offered NOW that makes other cell phone companies superior to sprint?