View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 02:15 AM
joeward
Lurker

joeward is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Does GPS ever just 'go bad'?

Ok guys I saw somebody in the Diamond section saying he never flashed his phone but still experiencing problems like us...

is it just me but when I let the phone do an auto update of the time for some reason the phone always puts me on the different time zone... +1 (from my time) actually... -4 instead of my -5 (can anybody check this ?)
I don't know if anybody took my suggestion seriously but the DST time could have something to do with this ? maybe the CDMA clock itself is just spoofing time for a week b4 the old DST time kicks in (which is this sunday) this would mean the CDMA Time would be an hour before the quickgps "time". ( GPS positioning has a lot to do with the relation of a signal sent on a certain time clock... It has to be accurate all the time) I didn't have this phone exactly a year ago so I can't tell if there was an issue in 2008 .

I understand flashing the radio will fix my problem, but I normally flash stuff when I know it can go back to the exact original state and for Bell I can't do that...

I know that some Sprint rom actually do touch the radio somehow maybe this is why some people have success going back to stock rom...again for Bell Mo this is not the case...