View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 03:41 PM
syanni85
Flat-Out-Addicted

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: just ordered the sedio 2600 mah battery

i thought i could like the hero... but to make a long story short...

I found myself getting frustrate with the usability and lagginess, that i'd put the phone down and say "i hate this phone" many times and wouldn't complete my task. I really utilize the multi-tasking of the pre.. especially when i have like 1 spare minute, i'll find a couple cool things to read, open them up in separate cards, put the phone away in my pocket, then when i pull my phone out again, i'll see my interesting things to read/do.
I do this with alot of things even apps and sometimes have like 12 cards open and the phone doesn't lag
With android, you have to open your browser, tap menu, select "windows" and THEN you'll see what you were browsing earlier. ef all those unnecessary steps.
One thing on the screen at a time blooows.

Why the Hero sucks:
Mistap links cuz the capacitive screen just isn't in sync with the OS..
It lags when you want to scroll a page, mistapping links again.
after about 5 apps, it is reeeeal sluggish
the multi-tasking is not a pleasure to use. Its more of a pain.
i couldn't put the phone on a table and navigate with my pointer finger cuz the sensitivity of the screen is crap.
the favorites people widget scrolls like sh*t and hitting a small button to get the option of call/text/email is just a pain cuz of how bad the capacitive screen is.
web browser renders slowly (tho text render-to-screen is nice)
and scrolling is choppy.
The curtain notification bar is "ok"(better than iphone) but not near as nice as the pre w/swipe away.
I couldn't open email attachments by default on Hero
sms scrolling is crap compared to pre.

I am done with android. It has been out over a year, and its not even close to as fluid as our new webos.

so, the verdict is

Android: Crap
WebOS: Something i'll be sticking with for a while.

Cant wait for webos 2.0... who knows what it will hold!

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!