View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 12:23 AM
Getitnowmarketing
BlackBerry Hater

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone considering returning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arl16 View Post
So I've had my Imagio a couple weeks now. I love the size, the screen, even the keyboard entry, (which I had been nervous about, and was considering the TP2).

BUT... I am frustrated by a few things:

1 - the battery life - I'm pushing it every day, and find myself trying to "conserve" so as not to run out by the end of the day. And if you use GPS - forget it! I wanted to use FreeCaddie - not a chance I'd make it through a round. I know extended batteries are available and/or on the way, but that takes a lot away from my love of the size/look of the phone.

2 - the Ram usage creeping up throughout the day. I did the mods and start the day at 49% - usable. But if I use a couple programs, I'm quickly up to the 90s - and stay in the 70s even if I close them. A huge, noticeable drag in performance makes me want to soft reset to keep my sanity. Just not the user experience I was hoping for.

3 - the fact that VZ is the only one that has it, and therefore it looks like we'll have minimal support from the community, and now I'm reading posts that we may not even get a HardSPL to get custom ROMs. It looked promising after that post in the upgrade section from drellisdee referencing comonex possibly working on it, but that was a week ago, and my 30 days is going to be up soon! Maybe I'm being impatient, but unfortunately I'm running out of time, and need to make a decision.

Do I go back to my VX6900 and wait a hopeful VZ Leo release next year (or something else to follow it?) or do you think we'll be able to tweak this thing to be a little better than stock. Or maybe do the TP2, and deal with the thicker phone - they seem to have less of these complaints, and if I'm forced to get a thicker phone for an extended battery, I might as well get a customizable one!

Sorry for the long post - just brainstorming my thoughts, and curious to hear others'. Thanks!
1). As far as battery life I'm using exchange push email and its hands down the best battery life on a WM phone I've had and I have every cdma htc with the exception of the xv6950.

2). The ram issue mainly is due to gwes.exe memory leak in early wm 6.5 builds. It will be fixed in a future VZW software update and in custom roms with a newer sys. The TP2 doesn't have this issue stock only because its a wm6.1 device.

3). Cmonex is working on a hardspl for Imagio/Whitestone_W. Come on I just posted that thread a week ago today. These things take time and she is one of the few people in the world able to develop hardspl and the only one that really works on Cdma phones. She just finished the TP2 one and hasn't even publically released it yet. Its coming hang in there and be patient. If you would like to help why don't you send her a whitestone hardspl donation? I posted a Cmonex donation link in the hardspl thread.

4). I've been working hard on whitestone kitchen for over a week now and had issues with PPCK not building it properly and have switched to VK. I'll have a kitchen/rom ready to go the moment hardspl is released by cmonex as all I'm doing now is tweaking pkgs and will have manila 2.0, manila 2.1, and manila 2.5 choices in it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.