View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 11:26 PM
arl16
PPCGeeks Regular

arl16 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone considering returning?

So I've had my Imagio a couple weeks now. I love the size, the screen, even the keyboard entry, (which I had been nervous about, and was considering the TP2).

BUT... I am frustrated by a few things:

1 - the battery life - I'm pushing it every day, and find myself trying to "conserve" so as not to run out by the end of the day. And if you use GPS - forget it! I wanted to use FreeCaddie - not a chance I'd make it through a round. I know extended batteries are available and/or on the way, but that takes a lot away from my love of the size/look of the phone.

2 - the Ram usage creeping up throughout the day. I did the mods and start the day at 49% - usable. But if I use a couple programs, I'm quickly up to the 90s - and stay in the 70s even if I close them. A huge, noticeable drag in performance makes me want to soft reset to keep my sanity. Just not the user experience I was hoping for.

3 - the fact that VZ is the only one that has it, and therefore it looks like we'll have minimal support from the community, and now I'm reading posts that we may not even get a HardSPL to get custom ROMs. It looked promising after that post in the upgrade section from drellisdee referencing comonex possibly working on it, but that was a week ago, and my 30 days is going to be up soon! Maybe I'm being impatient, but unfortunately I'm running out of time, and need to make a decision.

Do I go back to my VX6900 and wait a hopeful VZ Leo release next year (or something else to follow it?) or do you think we'll be able to tweak this thing to be a little better than stock. Or maybe do the TP2, and deal with the thicker phone - they seem to have less of these complaints, and if I'm forced to get a thicker phone for an extended battery, I might as well get a customizable one!

Sorry for the long post - just brainstorming my thoughts, and curious to hear others'. Thanks!