View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 06:04 PM
KilgoreBA
Regular 'Geeker

KilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to KilgoreBA
Re: Waiting to get Imagio until the SPL unlocker is released

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc_rulz View Post
I have the option to upgrade to a new Verizon phone as my current XV6900's LCD is f'd. I think I will wait on getting the Imagio until the SPL unlocker is released. From the amount of posts on this forum, just way to many hacks/workarounds needed to get the phone to work like it should. If we could clean up the ROM provided by Verizon with this phone or better - build our own or use one from NFSFan, then I could justify getting this phone.

On the other hand, it seems there are no immediate plans for a SPL release and with a looming Droid release, should I even wait for this? I know and am comfortable with WM6.5 but this phone's ROM seems so junked up that the WM experience is diluted. I just don't want to go through the same issues as I had getting my XV6900 to the "perfect" build. Is it worth it to wait for an SPL unlocker on this phone?
If it were me in your situation, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Ever since the first time I held a Windows Mobile device in my hand, I have never went back.

Keep in mind, it may be a loooooooong time before the HSPL comes out, if it even does. Since this phone is only on Verizon and it will probably not be released on other carriers, the demand for the HSPL is not as great.

There are not too many hacks that need to be done to have this running in prime condition. Remember you always have the 30 day trial and if you don't like it, you can always decide to go with the Droid. It's a win win situation.
Radio 2.23.00WV

Last edited by KilgoreBA; 10-30-2009 at 05:09 PM.