View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 01:41 PM
mantispid
N00b

mantispid is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does GPS ever just 'go bad'?

So, yesterday I was using my Verizon Touch Pro to navigate around in Boston. I fly back to Chicago, and I fire up Google Maps, and the phone soft resets itself after achieving a satellite lock. I thought this might just be a strange quirk, so I wait for the reset the complete, and try again... a few seconds after it gets a satellite lock, it soft resets again.

This time I pull the battery, wait several seconds, then replace the battery and power up... then try Google Maps again... after a lock, another soft reset.

I then try the HTC GPS tool, and set to the right chip, cold start, etc. like I've done so many times in the past, and watch it scan for satellites. It finds a bunch, but as soon as it gets a lock, the data stream stops... a few seconds later, a soft reset.

I do a hard reset on the device, same issue. I flash an entirely different ROM (Was using MightryROM 6, now SSK), same issue...

So... do you folks think this is a hardware issue, or is there some sort of radio/etc. rom corruption going on?
This post has been thanked 1 times.