Lurker

BoSoxFan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to BoSoxFan Send a message via AIM to BoSoxFan
Re: [REQUEST] Law Enforcement Field Database Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_TN View Post
No one within less than 80 miles has MDTs (now that I think of it, there is one that has a system that is run off of laptops and cellular cards with a vpn and they can get dispatch information/gps), but they are the largest city between Memphis and Nashville. We (or anyone else in the county that I know of.) won't even be getting digital radios until 2013 (FCC Deadline). They haven't said if we will be getting MDTs then either, even then we won't be able to check in house records, only do registration/dl checks/ and (possibly) see dispatch information. Each program we use (reporting/records, CAD, agency terminal) are all totally different and are all seperate from each other. I don't think there is a suite that exists that could possibly tie them all together and our reporting software doesn't have the ability to store anything that isn't related to a specific offense. So storing information about family, work, hangouts, associated vehicles, wants/warrants, and character information isn't an option.
wow, i mean we are by no means a large city/county but we have MDTs for every crusier (even EMS and FIRE have them) as well as Digital (believe me, it isn't worth the extra, i Prefer Analog any day)....oh well, good luck, maybe they can get some federal grant money to get some gear later...