View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 08:59 AM
makryger
PPCGeeks Regular

makryger is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Google Sync

Just thought I would relay my experience with Google Sync- a google-based exchange server

First of all: syncing calendars. This works almost perfectly. I have my outlook calendar syncing with an online gmail account using Google Calendar sync. Then I have Google Sync uploading calendar data to my phone. If I change something on my phone, it changes on my outlook computer, and vice versa. For those of us without a real exchange server, its much easier than constantly active-syncing our computers. The one strange thing is that when the imagio buzzes me for a reminder of an event, it usually does the intended event, plus one other random event from the past. Very weird. But if you just ignore that second reminder, it works perfectly.

Secondly: syncing IMAP gmail. This did not work too well. Google sync only added a days worth of email to my phone, even though i requested 3 days. Very strange behavior. Gmail IMAP without google sync works fine, and i can survive without the instant emails, but its too bad this doesn't work properly.