View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 10:02 PM
illwafer
PPCGeeks Regular

illwafer is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to illwafer
Will the Touch Pro 2 be short lived? My personal dilemma.

I'm having issues with my Touch Pro 1, and it is under manufacturer's warranty for another week. I should be receiving my 3rd one in a week on Tuesday, and I expect the same issues as with all my other phones (you know the drill).

I was offered the TP2 for $75 + 2 year agreement. I tried very hard to get a free replacement with multiple stores and CS, but it just ain't happening for me (maybe because I'm on SERO).

Anyway, after talking with a lot of Sprint reps, I get the feeling the TP2 is going to be quickly discontinued. One of the stores' managers said that his store will never carry the TP2. Another store employee said his store (a large one) voted on whether or not to carry it, and it was split down the middle because of how horrible the TP1 was for returns.

Whether or not the TP2 is good or not, it may already be doomed due to its predecessor.

So my dilemma is should I snatch up the TP2 now while I have the $75 deal (plus I have to give back my old TP1 in exchange so can't resell), or do I wait it out and stay with the TP1 until the smoke clears.

Any thoughts?