wood
N00b
Threadstarter

wood is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
I've played with the OS some in their emulator, and it seems nice, but dumbed down compared to Windows Mobile. The interface is very tight though, and the video of the interface seemed promising (notifications with their text show up in the top bar where signal/battery/whatever, such as new text messages). If this came to the Mogul, I'd definitely give it a shot. Just hoping for a more customizable home screen.
I agree that the emulator is very basic, but as it being an emulator that is what we should expect. I think the Android will be an awesome thing.

It is really funny and sad at the same time to see Microsoft losing its grip by its own poor business decisions. Microsoft has the "lets handcuff the consumer" strategy, thinking they will totally control and dictate everything the consumer does with their product. No customizing, modifying, choice. People don't like to be controlled and pay a fortune at the same time.

Google instead lets the consumer dictate and control themselves, individually, and not pay a dime for almost all services. That method attracts more people to their company/products/search and in turn makes billions in advertising by the amount of people who use their products. Funny thing is that their products far exceed Microsoft's in many different areas.

I give it less than 10 years until a Google PC Operating System is on more PC's than a Microsoft Operating System is.

Ok, sorry for my rant on Google/Microsoft consumer economics and trade practices. Just thinking about the Android got me started.

Go Android!!