PPCGeeks Regular

es101346 is keeping up the good workes101346 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to es101346
Re: Help!! Re: EBAY purchase possible insurance fraud/scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by 632627 View Post
Hey guys, im new here, so any help and advice would be much appreciated.

2 weeks ago i bought a brand new touch pro2 from ebay from an ebay power seller with over 99% feedback. The phone arrives 2 days later directly from sprint, however it is adressed to a different name. I find it odd but call up sprint and have the phone activated. From some of the posts here and on sprintusers.com, i come to realize this phone was sent to me as part of an insurance scam.

Here is my dilemma.... I have already sold my old phone, and the only other phone I would be interested in is a samsung intrepid but i cant find one on ebay. I like the tp2 alot and got it for a pretty good price. My main concern is that 2 or 3 months down the line Sprint might brick my phone and im SOL. I asked a friend who used to work for sprint, and she said that once the phone is activated on my account, they cant block the esn #.... which for some reason i find hard to believe.

Should I just keep the phone and take my chances and if anything bad happens file a dispute with paypal? or should i call up sprint and report the incident and hope they let me keep the phone? one thing I dont want to do is just send the phone back to the seller and keep my fingers crossed that he issues a full refund.

thanks for your time guys!
The person could of just bought the phone, and didn't like it, so they sold it. Doesn't necessarily mean it was insurance fraud. If the ESN is clean, its clean. When its reported to Sprint to either being lost or damaged, the ESN is not cleared. So your good to go.