View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 10:39 AM
N00b

632627 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help!! Re: EBAY purchase possible insurance fraud/scam

Hey guys, im new here, so any help and advice would be much appreciated.

2 weeks ago i bought a brand new touch pro2 from ebay from an ebay power seller with over 99% feedback. The phone arrives 2 days later directly from sprint, however it is adressed to a different name. I find it odd but call up sprint and have the phone activated. From some of the posts here and on sprintusers.com, i come to realize this phone was sent to me as part of an insurance scam.

Here is my dilemma.... I have already sold my old phone, and the only other phone I would be interested in is a samsung intrepid but i cant find one on ebay. I like the tp2 alot and got it for a pretty good price. My main concern is that 2 or 3 months down the line Sprint might brick my phone and im SOL. I asked a friend who used to work for sprint, and she said that once the phone is activated on my account, they cant block the esn #.... which for some reason i find hard to believe.

Should I just keep the phone and take my chances and if anything bad happens file a dispute with paypal? or should i call up sprint and report the incident and hope they let me keep the phone? one thing I dont want to do is just send the phone back to the seller and keep my fingers crossed that he issues a full refund.

thanks for your time guys!