View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 04:30 PM
mwalt2
VIP Member

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [REQUEST] Looking for any and all help/advice...to try porting weather home to VG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuill View Post
Okay so I'm a graphic designer, I know what I'm doing with graphics and can edit those and resize whatever I need to. I'm at work and when I get home I'm going to download the latest package of Sense 2.1 (http://htcpedia.com/forum/showthread...manila+package <haven't downloaded it yet but that seems to be the one) and open it up, basically going in blind. I was wondering if I can get any advice on what needs to be done with these graphics OTHER than just resizing them, any and all advice and information would be great as I have searched high and low for more in depth info but haven't found any. I've never touched mode 9 or anything to do with manila editing other than images, but I'm wicked smaht so I feel like I can do it.
Manila porting does not involve re-sizing graphic files at all. It is all decompiling .lua code and change the position/size of graphics in the code. Then you re-compile it. It's not easy since you have to do a lot of manual decomiling from what I gather.