Old 10-22-2009, 03:08 AM
quarky42
PPCGeeks Regular

quarky42 is keeping up the good workquarky42 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to quarky42
Sprint CDMA Data Auto Disconnect Registry Entries

I am not familiar with Verizon data. Sprint uses that #777 number. I don't think they are the same, so this may be semi-Sprint specific.

I have found two ways that let my data autodisconnect.

Here is the "classic" way which I found all over the net:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings]
"SuspendResume"=multi_sz:"GPRS_bye_if_device_off","","",""
"CacheTime"=dword:0000003c
"VPNCacheTime"=dword:0000003c
Here is another way that works:
Code:
"SuspendResume"=multi_sz:"#777","GPRS_bye_if_device_off","~GPRS!"
"CacheTime"=dword:0000003c
"VPNCacheTime"=dword:0000003c
and here is what I had in their before I started playing around with it:
Code:
"SuspendResume"=multi_sz:"#777","~GPRS!","",""
(I don't recall what my default cache time values were. They were high.)

Here is what I think is going on... if someone knows better then please tell us:

The SuspendResume key *IS* a multiline string key thatenables/disables the auto disconnect feature. That much is known and I accept. I am trying to understand the rest of it, as in why it is multiline and what the other possible values are supposed to do. Since it is a multiline string key and my original key had 2 values in it, I think they are flags.

I tried listing the flags in the opposite order:
Code:
"SuspendResume"=multi_sz:"#777","~GPRS!","GPRS_bye_if_device_off"
... but the auto disconnect did not work. I find it interesting that the autodisconnect did work in the other order though.

EDIT: "~GPRS_bye_if_device_off!" does not trigger the auto disconnect after the timer.

Just thought folks might want a quick reg-hack that will give them autodisconnect after 60 seconds. If so, then use the first or second method. If you like to tinker, then play around at your own risk.

EDIT: This works also: "SuspendResume"=multi_sz:"#777","GPRS_bye_if_devic e_off","GPRS_bye_if_device_off"

I don't see any difference between it and the other two working versions yet, but maybe someone more intimately familiar with these settings would chime in. I know that my TP and Diamond would both get screwed up by extra crap in the SuspendResume string, but those phones didn't have a GSM radio and SIM card, just the CDMA guts.

Last edited by quarky42; 10-22-2009 at 03:34 AM.