N00b
Threadstarter

web1b is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Switched from MightyRom6 to MightyRom4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrBy View Post
If you like MR4 you may want to flash Calkulin's Diamond 21055 ROM(v4) from http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44494 .
It has all the features of MR4 plus more and is more up to date but I find it just as stable as well. (And WiFi sharing is built in)

Looks like 21055 is no longer available. Is the latest release 23071 stable?

Maybe I'll just try the WiFi sharing cab file in the first answer since everything else seems to work so far in MR4 except it hasn't announced any incoming calls even though I checked off the option to do that.

Even though Voice Command mostly functions for me in MR4, I'm still a bit disappointed because it does't work as well as voice dialing does on my WM6.1 Standard Q9C smartphone. On the Q9C, I just press the call button for a second and it prompts with "Say a command." When you give the command, as long as it was a clearly understood command, it executes without asking for more confirmation. With the Diamond, I have to confirm "Yes" every single time. I also have to press the button for a different and precise amount of time or I get last number redial instead of voice dialing. Very annoying.

I don't really prefer 6.1 to 6.5 for my new Diamond, except that I want everything to work and, besides the completely non-functioning voice dialing, I also noticed very frequent dropping of bluetooth pairing when I loaded MR6.

Last edited by web1b; 10-21-2009 at 10:53 PM.