View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 12:44 PM
KBZL
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: The Diamond and Car GPS Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreaq View Post
Hey folks,

I believe I know the answer to what my issue is, but just wanted to confirm with a few of you first, a sounding board if you will.

Anyhow, here's the scoop.

I live in Ontario, which is passing a 'hands free' law soon, forcing everyone to use hands free devices in the car. I have a Diamond, and am looking at a standalone Car GPS to use for driving (obviously). Of course I would like to link my Diamond to the car GPS via bluetooth, and here's where my issue lies.

I am looking at the Garmin nuvi 265T and the Magellan 4350, but neither list the Diamond as a supported bluetooth device. I thought bluetooth was an industry standard, but there is obviously more to it than just that.

My question(s) to you is; is there a car gps device out there that will connect to my Diamond? Or perhaps there's another way of getting my Diamond to communicate with the GPS (although I'm not sure how)?

It seems I won't be able to find a compatible device, which will mean I will probably have to use a standalone hands free device for my phone, and just use my GPS as it's own unit, unlinked to my phone.

Any thought or comments?

thanks in advance,
Is there a particular reason you need an external gps receiver? The diamond has gps built in. I am using TomTom for my gps and it works great.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!