View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 11:59 AM
fwaits
Halfway to VIP Status

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: where's settings -> Menus (to customize content of Start menu)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevin77 View Post
hmmm, but they show up in the top level of Start in a different organization than the sub-folder view seen in Explorer. In WM6.1 it used to be a Menu items setting. Clearly something other than where I put things below device -> Windows -> Start -> Programs is determining what I see when I hit "Start". What is it? Also, I don't see this hexagon thing people are talking about.

Mike
That's because the TouchFLO start menu is custom and only shows the shortcuts you add/remove on it via that menu. When you go to All Applications, it reads everything in the Programs folder regardless of subfolder and displays them in order on one list. If you want subfolders, you will have to regedit the ProgramLaunch area in the registry for TouchFlo with Folder paths which will show up on the grid menu when you press the Start Menu. Then if you say click Games it will open a new list with just the items in the games list. The registry key to edit the Start Menu items is:

HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila\ProgramLauncher\#\

#= 0-29 (30 icons on Start menu)

Inside the respective # folders are several settings:

DispName = Name shown on Menu
IconPath = Path to icon shown in menu
IsReadOnly = 0 for unlocked, 1 for locked icon
Path = Path to Folder/.lnk/.exe you want to execute

Hope that helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.