View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 06:22 PM
muddauber
Lurker

muddauber is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Alltel Merger..Better signal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinace123 View Post
Well I was originally on Alltel but now im on Verizon due to the merger. I got my HTC touch pro while on Alltel. I was hoping my signal would get better now that Alltel and Verizon are combined...Anyone know how if this will happen automatically?
In the same boat. But in our area only the account has been moved to Verizon, they have not yet merged the towers into their system, so they say. I used the newest Verizon radio (1.03.09) and have had a big improvement. I chose to upgrade to the latest Alltel rom, and then unlocked and tried various radios. If you do install the latest rom, be aware Alltel locked the gps, so changing radio is a must to unlock that and use any gps app (like Google Maps, etc) you want.
Have they just moved your account, or actually merged the towers and systems? To actually be full Verizon, you would need to flash to a Verizon rom. I was told I could do that, but would have to move my line to Verizon. I'll wait till wm7 is ready and phones are out that will run it. Our TP's apparently will not.

Last edited by muddauber; 10-18-2009 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Didn't answer the full question.