View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 11:05 AM
quick99si
Halfway to VIP Status

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Send caller to voice mail.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_semler View Post
I use Call Block 1.17s for precisely that purpose. It's a paid program, and a new version has come out, (2.0). There is a free version that is available, but you're limited to blocking 5 numbers, (or just buy the full version for $12.95). Here is the program descriptions:

Free: http://www.mobihand.com/product.asp?id=37125

Pay: http://www.mobihand.com/product.asp?id=19006
I have to interject and suggest Magicall. I've used CallBlock, Call Filter, some other application with a weird name, and finally Magicall. I've stuck with it because it's hands down the best for filtering out unwanted callers based on things like actual phone number, phone number patterns, area codes, Outlook category, time/day of the week, etc.. Oh yeah, it does SMS filterting too.

It supports custom scripting so you can get it to do anything you want. For telemarketers, mine quickly sends them to voicemail and then it turns off the TP screen.

I get a lot of calls from clearly fake numbers (eg 7777777777, 1234567999) which didn't work well with any other program. Magicall is instructed to block any number that is not exactly 7 digits in length. Very, very few actually get through.

197 calls blocked in 19 days At least they give me Sunday off lol

ps- recoring a 2-minute long silence as a voicemail greeting will waste a little of their time as well