View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 11:36 PM
mindfrost82
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: PPCGeeks Update - 7/16/09 8:30am CST

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoBSD View Post
How about a target mount of $ to aim for? I'm sure that would help motivate those who can to donate.
The current server is about $300/month. Based on some suggestions here, we are going to upgrade MySQL sometime soon. I will be comparing nginx and lighthttpd and we will probably be switching to one of them as opposed to Apache. Then I will also look at using APC or xCache again for PHP, which should really speed up page loads again.

We can upgrade RAM with the current server if needed, but honestly, after the changes I did last night, the server seems to be running very good. The load is still a little on the high side, but not enough to disable searches and turn away users. We're not having the really bad spikes in swap and CPU usage like we were having the last few days.