View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 10:03 AM
mtnmedic
PPCGeeks Regular

mtnmedic is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM 6.5 and Hotmail issue

I've searched around here without much success. Maybe someone can help me.

I downloaded and installed indagroove's Sprint TP ROM - CE OS 5.2.21869(Build 21869.5.0.82)[Manila 2.1] on my TP...works like a charm. The interface is beautiful and so far everything works. Except for hotmail, that is.

In the original 6.1 TF interface I was able to set up my hotmail (really .msn mail) account and any other pop account in the messaging tab/section pretty easily. Then, in the Messaging tab/section I would see my choices for E-mail, text messaging, MMS, etc. I always set Windows Live Mail to push whenever it arrives at the server. So, I always get notification of new mail that shows on the envelope icon in the slider of the TF interface that indicates how many new mails there are I click on that and it goes into the account picker (or directly to the email client, whichever way the user wants to set it up at).

With the new standard WM 6.5 interface, under the time, there is TEXT and after that is E-MAIL, followed by calendar, etc. I set up my email through the Windows Live at the bottom of the main menu list. So I do get notification of new emails but when I click on the E-MAIL tab (or bar, etc.) nothing happens. It'll just say "Hotmail" and number of messages or "no new messages". Nothing else. Even if I click "view" at the bottom right corner, nothing happens.

In Messaging>Select An Account, all I see are SMS/MMS, Outlook E-Mail and Setup E-mail.

So I click on E-mail setup, enter the email address/ and password, hit NEXT and then get a screen headed with "Help With Windows Live" and "Select the link below to access your Windows Live Hotmail account". Below that there is a box with a url leading to windows mobile.com email setup/live.

But nothing there seems to help.

OUTLOOK e-mail works fine, as that's synced with the Outlook on my PC.

Being able to quickly and easily monitor and access my msn/hotmail account is very important for me.

Anyone else run into this?

"No...but if we think fast enough, we just might live to lie about it."