View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 12:40 PM
tsperez
Halfway to VIP Status

tsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stolen Phone Contacts!

My wife's cell phone was stolen on Saturday night. I reported it stolen on Sunday at about noon. Since Monday was a holiday I waited until Tuesday to replace it. Got the phone and activated that same day.

Now the weird stuff... on Wednesday, after my wife had added about 10 contacts on Tuesday, she noticed an additional 9 contacts (names and phone numbers) in her contacts. One is even labeled "Mom"!

Does anybody know how this can happen? Btw, we kept the same number that she had before and I asked several Sprint people if this would be a problem and they all assured me that it would not be a problem.

I am about to report this to the police. Seems like it would be an easy case for them if they just follow up on some of the numbers listed. The phone was stolen at a wedding so the list of suspects is limited.

Any help or advise will be greatly appreciated. I worry more for the data on the phone than the actual value of it (Sprint Samsung Instinct).

Thanks,
tsp
PS: Also posted on XDA site.