View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 02:07 AM
daethwing188
Lurker
Threadstarter

daethwing188 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to daethwing188 Send a message via MSN to daethwing188 Send a message via Skype™ to daethwing188
Re: Some questions and troubles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
if you go to the last page of my faq, (link in signature, its the same as the one horndoctor told you about), go to the last page, and there's new info about MMS for Nfsfan's rom.
I haven't been able to update my faq for a little while.

Also, did you turn on the gps?
like the location settings?

Start> settings > Personal > Phone
Click Services tab.
Highlight location setting (should be highlighted by default),
and then press get settings.
Change to on, and press okay in the top right corner.
(This info should also be in my faq).

Not trying to be mean or anything,
but read the whole faq, it has TONS of stuff in there, and TONS more links for things that should keep you busy customizing your phone for quite a while.
Okay, my location has been on since day 1 (guess I forgot to post about that tid-bit here... heh) and still no locks in 20mins.

What's bothering me too is that I have MAYBE 5 hours of battery life TOTAL. This is unacceptable. The GPS toggle .cab isn't working either... dunno why.

Also, the cellular reception, I have no idea why it's so miserable. Is there any reason why my phone reception should be a quarter of the strength it was previously. I get reception no where now. I feel like I'm on AT&T... it's that bad!

I need help guys. Codybear, you're great man, I actually used your walk-through to get as far as I did in the first place. And reading, I'm good at that. I have been reading and haven't found my answers yet. :\

I was thinking of flashing in the Bell 3.42.50 radio, but I've heard that it has some negative effects on trying to get the GPS working (which doesn't work at the moment anyway it seems)

Any thoughts on how to fix... GPS, Cell reception, and Battery life?

THANKS for any advice you might be able to impart.

-Noah