View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 07:00 PM
linzgeneral
PPCGeeks Regular

linzgeneral is keeping up the good worklinzgeneral is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What phone started your love afair with PPCs?

I was just thinking how far our phones have come as the TP2 is virtually a laptop in the palm. Then I became curious as to how we all ended up here. I got my first cell phone , a Samsung flip something about 9 years ago. I was always intrigued with how huge the screen was compared to other cells at the time. I was equallyu impressed with Sprints vision and the fact that I could serve the Web at work while everyone else was bored to death. I went on to buy a few more flips until I innocently enough ran into the phone that started it all for me: the Samsung I500. I bought one in mint condition off of ebay for $100 and was amazed at what the phone could do. I actually had no idea what I was buying until I got it and started to read the manual and paly around. I remember showing the phone off to eeryone I knew proclaiming that I pratically had a small computer in my hand.

The real love affair started with the 6700. I remember wanting one really bad but could n't afford the $500 cost - no upgrade eligibility. I talked to about 6 reps who told me nothing could be done to get me the phone at an upgrade price. I had a best friend who always told me if the first ten people say no keep asking until someone say yes so I said what the heck. The seventh person, a supervisor asked me "is that all you need Mr Evans, the phone will be shipped out the first thing tomorrow". I couldn't believe it and could wait until I got it. I still had no clue what I was in for. After playing with it for a few minutes, i could not believe how far technology had come. This blew the Palm out the water. Needless to say we all know how much further we have progressed yet. People call me gadget man but I just like knowing that I have a device in my hand that can do almost anything. BTW, as soon as my wife called to confirm (after my ten calls earlier)that the TP2 had arrived I locked my computer screen and bolted out the building driving 45 minutes home.... lol Anyone else care to share their stories?