Thread: Golf Logix
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 10:55 PM
thisguyinoc
PPCGeeks Regular

thisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Golf Logix

I tried out the trial version on my last golf outing and did not like the UI at all. I've been using Intelligolf for over a year now, and even though its using an outdated Windows CE interface, it's faster and much more user friendly. Here is a list of issues that I found in comparison with Intelligolf.

1. Once you are within 30 yds of the green, it stops giving you yardage, it says "<30" for all points of the green (Front, Center, and Back). Sometimes you have some large greens and I'd like to know my yardage (Intelligolf always shows you the yardage).

2. Scoring keeping is too much work (if you're not hitting par on every hole), you have to scroll through the points list for strokes and putts. It also asks if you hit the greens in regulation (Intelligolf figures this out based on your putts).

3. When you finish a hole and get to the next tee box, it asks for your score then continues to the next hole. If the next tee box is close to the previous green, it doesn't switch, so you have to manually skip to the next hole and it doesn't ask for your score. To put your score in you have to jump through hoops to edit the round and traverse through each hole to get to the one you want to correct....huge PITA!!! Intelligolf lets you jump to any hole from any hole right from the main screen.

4. When I finished my round, it took me back to the first hole. I couldn't figure out how to end the round. Not very intuitive.

I was very dissapointed. I was hoping this was going to be my replacement golf gps app, since Intelligolf doesn't work right in the latest 6.5 builds with it's old Windows CE menus. Guess I'm stuck with the older builds and Intelligolf for now. Intelligolf kicks *** and the price is right. The only issue with Intelligolf is that they don't have as many courses mapped, but they provide a tool to map them out yourself easily using Google maps. I don't work for them, but really like their product.

Juicy 7 090530 ROM

Feel free to buy me a beer if my work has helped you out.

Sprint Touch Cube Configuration Tool