View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 06:28 AM
Noir
VIP Member

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Mobile 7 aiming for Spring 2010 RTM?

I think I am a bit more intrigued with regards to what I have seen from microsoft.
One thing I am noting with the evolution of windows mobile and the connection of smartphone to PDA
note that with windows mobile 6.1 we see two completely different demons (from the larger panel-esque screen on smartphone and relatively unchanged home screen and interface with professional edition). One thing I began to surmise is that 6.5 (and early pictures of 7) primary emphasis is on unifying the two user interfaces in some degree. In many regards, we have definitely seen that standardization in 6.5 and 6.5.1.

Another interesting aspect to note (negative) that the UI is unchanged from 2 years ago. But then, does UI really matter here? Chances are, we will see OEM UIs and not microsoft proprietary and it begs to question is the underlying UI significant anymore? It begs for some interesting details in the mobile game IMHO

I think this is just a wait and see attitude. RTM will probably be pushed back with developers receiving loose matriculation by about winter 2010. A spring RTM isn't that far fetched considering devices will have it in Q4 2010. So the announcement is right on the assumed leaks and documents from various other sites.

This is going to be interesting. I won't take what I see with negativity or even grandiosity, but just a day by day attitude until I see Da_G, con, or someone with wm 7 in hand