Old 10-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Nosey
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Nosey is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Diamond on Alltel pre-paid

to use with google voice, I have it set to display my number instead of the callers number for the caller id, so I set my 1 fav number with alltel to my number, when the phone rings, when I answer I get promoted with an automated message "whoever is calling hit 1 to answer 2 to send to voicemail" if they are in my contact list it says the name of who I have it set to (contact list on google), if not, the person is prompted to say their name, since the caller id shows my number, alltel thinks that my fav number is calling....

same thing with calling out, I call my google number (like I'm calling voicemail) hit 2phonenumber# and it calls the person and my google number shows up as the caller id, so alltel thinks I'm calling my fav number...

I got my contacts on the actual phone setup to mynumberPP2theirnumber# so I dial just like I would dial normally

so all my in/out calls (as long as I use this method with my google number and it is set in my fav number) are free, and I have tested, talked to my sister for 45 minutes at 11am, logged into my alltel page bout 30 minutes later, it showed the call and showed 0 for charges

and it's all legal, I legally set my google number as my fav number and I call just as though I was using a long distance calling card

I'm still doing research on it for other companies, my family is on verizon, alltel, at&t, sprint, virgin mobile, from what I understand, at&t is the only one that might not work exactly this way, but there is a work around, if you have a smartphone and have data access, it's just a 2 step process instead of a 1 step process

now I don't have data with my diamond on alltel, from what I understand, they offer it at $5.99 per month and .10/minute, but that doesn't bother me, I use my diamond for a bunch of things that don't require a data connection

I'll post more about other carriers as I find out