View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 12:34 PM
davedsone
Lurker

davedsone is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Jumping ship!

hmmm. acer, you really were kind of insulting in your reply to the guy. For someone you admit to agreeing with alot. Whatever, anyway, I dimmed my Pre down somewhat, still bright, down less than halfway on the slider, and battery life became decent. I do use 2 Touchstones, one at home and one at work, so not as much of an issue, but its better. I had a Mogul, Touch, Diamond, TP, Instinct, and now the Pre. Pre is the only one that is good at ALL the things i want to do with it, its a good phone, and a good (well, fairly good) media player, GREAT web device, etc. For me the Mogul, Diamond, Touch and TP were good PDAs but lousy phones. The instinct was a good phone (well, it was loud and visual voice mail was good, dialer sucked-over the air contact sync was sweet) but a fairly useless device outside of playing music. I really like the pre for all these things, and love it for the seamless AIM/text convos you can have. Well integrated, I would say. Plus what I don't care for is easily solved by software, the hardware is gtg with the exception of the wobbly front slider, which i learned to live with after getting a 2nd phone and having it do the same thing.