View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 04:47 AM
daethwing188
Lurker
Threadstarter

daethwing188 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to daethwing188 Send a message via MSN to daethwing188 Send a message via Skype™ to daethwing188
Re: Some questions and troubles.

Okay.

I've followed your suggestions and installed Nfsfan's WM6.5 ROM. I have the 3.42.30 RADIO working. Calls and Data and SMS work. I'm working on patching the MMS right now.

I have a couple of questions still though...

1) when I do the *228 option 1 thing, the automated message tells me that they can't activate my phone at this time (or whatever the message was) and tells me to call in. I suppose I should yes? Tell them I tried to activate my phone and it gave me that message. (note: *22899 doesn't work either) I think I've taken care of this problem.

2) My reception is still MUCH less than it was. I mean, I have terrible reception. I still have to leave my place in order to get signal. I used to get signal in subways. What's up with that? Anyone know?

3) I've been following codybear's step-by-step as was linked by horndoctor (thank you horndoctor) I am however very confused about this bit. Maybe you can help me out with this one. In the tutorial, codybear posts these instructions,
"MMS
1. Go to connection settings and select "Manage existing connections"
2. edit the only connection there
3. Name it whatever you want ie "vzw"
4. hit next and enter #777 as the number
5. hit next and put "your10digitnumber@vzw3g.com"
and "vzw" as the password
6. hit finish
7. install the attached arcsoft cab
8. do a soft reset.
9. open phmregedit in the start menu
10. navigate to HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\ArcsoftMMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader\X-VzW-MDN
and put your 10 digit phone number for the value
11. wait a min or two and do a soft reset
12. go into messaging select menu and then mms options
13. select the server tab
14. select verizon wireless and change connect via to "the internet",
the other settings should be correct.
15. wait a few min and perform a soft reset once more
16. now mms should work!!!
Originally Found Here."
on step 10, when I navigate into the reg. I find a dead end at "HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\ArcsoftMMS UA\Config\mm1" I have no idea how to get to, "HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\ArcsoftMMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader\X-VzW-MDN"... I don't know where to put my 10-digit number...

I think that's about it. I'll let you all now if I figure anything further out... but I think I'm just kinda stuck until someone can help me with some fixes.

Oh and I'm still not getting any satellite after like 5 minutes. Tomorrow, I'll try for longer. Patience is a virtue, yes?

Thanks all,
-Noah

Last edited by daethwing188; 10-08-2009 at 03:23 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.