View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 05:17 PM
daethwing188
Lurker

daethwing188 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to daethwing188 Send a message via MSN to daethwing188 Send a message via Skype™ to daethwing188
Question Some questions and troubles.

Hey PPCGeeks,

I have a couple of questions and troubles with my PPC as the title suggests.

Here's a summery of what's been going on.

1) I unlocked my Verizon XV6900 (HTC Vogue) with ImCoKeMaN's 2.31 unlocker. I did not flash in the Titan Rom (I don't think).
2) I used the "http://216.139.227.226/RUU_PPST_Vogu..._2.04_Ship.exe (newer)" GPS-Capable Shipped Sprint Rom found on ImCoKeMaN's thread found here. I did not let the Sprint customizations run I instead left the phone plugged in and cooked up my own WinMo6.5 Rom.
3) after cooking my first ROM, I think I had too much in there and it was lagging the phone down a ton.
4) tried again. Got it working and it loads up and recognizes Verizon and all.
5) updated the data connection info and can get online.

SO here's the rub.

• When I flashed the ROM in, I do have connection to VZW, but I can't get reception like I could before. I could make/receive calls and texts from my room, now I need to venture out to the street just to get a signal. Same for data.
  • The GPS, one of the main reasons for my hacking venture, I don't think is working. I go to GoogleMaps, set the GPS settings manually to COM4 and baud 4800. But it gives me a message saying nothing was detected in my device.
  • The HTC touch keyboard that comes stock with the Vogue, is IMHO the best input device I've used. I'm also comfortable with it now. HOWEVER, it seems that it isn't working properly for some reason. No matter what it's set on, 'XT9', 'abc', or '123', they all input as if it's on '123'
  • The battery life is draining quicker than it ever has before and that just won't do, I could go a day without a charge and still be able to send/receive texts and mail.
  • The camera doesn't work. Both the camera button and the camera app on the Start menu give me a popup saying, "The file 'Camera' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."

If anyone can give me some assistance with my problems, I'd really appreciate it.

Likewise, if someone could assist me in cooking a better ROM then that might suffice.

For the time being, I think I'm gonna find a better ROM by a more skilled chef than I.

The things that I'd really like in my ROM are, working GPS, a way to tether my phone to my netbook for internet on the go, and a few of the stock vogue features like the keyboard input and the touchflo menu.

Thank you all in advance,
-Noah