View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 03:07 AM
jbearamus
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: It's been 11 months - Can I EXCHANGE the phone? NO INSURANCE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loren646 View Post
I've had the phone for 11 months. Screen has oily residue. Has a lot of problems. I do not have insurance. I want to exchange it for another one. I bought it at best buy.

Do I go to the sprint store? Isn't there some type of warranty? Or exchange program?
one year manufacturer warranty honored by sprint, they should either trade it or fix it for you but you better hurry, after 12 months you're on your own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman313 View Post
It might be a warranty. i know Sprint charges to fix if you don't have insurance. But just a suggestion you NEED insurance with these phones. You'll never know what will happen.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
Is it too late to add insurance, then wait a few weeks, and make a claim?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmy72 View Post
You have a year from the purchase date, to purchase the extended warranty proctection. However, just so you know, you cannot call for an exchange until have 30 days of having the coverage.
asurion's official position is that insurance coverage may be added within 30 days of purchase of a new phone or within 30 days of a paid/warranty repair in a sprint store (as stated by an Asurion Rep @ sprint vendor expo 8/19/09) so yes it should be far too late to add insurance. however i do know the sprint rep's have an "error correction system" in which they can tell asurion "its after 30 days but it should've had it" so if you can get a sprint employee to vouch for you it can be added, however as jmy mentioned, even if they do you'll have to wait a period of time before making a claim otherwise it'll hit asurion's fraud dept.
good luck

Last edited by jbearamus; 10-07-2009 at 03:09 AM.