View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Asphyx
Halfway to VIP Status

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Help with Syncing to PC

As stated above you need to install Windows Mobile Device Center to sync with Vista. If it's installed already and does not sync try these steps in order...

1 - make sure WMDC is running before you connect the phone on first sync. (Shouldn't matter but sometimes it does!)

2 - Change your USB to PC settings in your phone....Uncheck advanced networking and retry sync.

3 - Go to Microsoft site and download the latest version of WMDC (that should include the drivers that were added after Vista was released.

If still no joy reboot the computer and try again....

RE: Keyboard...I have never had a problem with mine but bad keyboards are a common problem with TPs and in most cases the only recourse is to turn it in for a working one. But what you get back (refurb) will sometimes have more problems than the original! Try to scam a TP2 from them if you can! Doubt you will get one but the NO doesn't cost you a penny! LOL

As for software it really depends on what you want to do with your phone...
I have Garmin XT installed on my memory card and use that almost weekly.
Others you will want are:
Quick GPS - Speeds up getting a GPS lock

Total commander - Souped up file explorer replacement.

htorch Flashlight - Turns phone into a flashlite by using the camera flash as a lite. I use this ALL the time!

HTC Addicts Clean Ram - Will free up ram without the need to soft reset.

Midomi Music ID - Phone listens to music and then tells you what song it is and who played it!

Smart Lyrics - Will give you lyrics to any song that is playing in windows media player.

Facebook - Only if your into that scene.

Cinemo - Program to get localized Movie listings and schedules.

NewUI - Program to stream Xm/Sirius radio on your phone - must have subscription

those are the few that I have used on every phone and rom I have run.
This post has been thanked 1 times.