Old 10-05-2009, 02:51 PM
vne147
Lurker
Threadstarter

vne147 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PhoneFusion Questions

I still haven't been able to figure this out. I guess no one else so far knows the answer either. I'm not looking for a set of step by step instructions on how to fix this or anything, maybe just some guidance from the informed members here on where to start, what they would look at first, etc.

So far I've been able to find the registry key in HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications that specifies what sounds to play when a voicemail is received. I'm guessing (please let me know if I'm totally off base here) that when a voicemail is received, some status flag in the OS gets set. Then, the value of this registry key is one of the things that gets looked at. What should also be looked at (once again I'm guessing) is some registry key somewhere that tells the OS what executable to run as well as what to display on the Today screen. The executable file for the visual voicemail client that gets executed when a voicemail is received is called "FVMPlus.exe". I would have thought there would be some registry key somewhere that specified this executable as the one to run upon receiving a voicemail but searching the registry for "*FVMPlus.exe*" yielded nothing. I'm kind of at the limits of my knowledge here and don't really know what else I should try.

So, am I going about this all wrong? Is this how you would go about trying to solve this problem? Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.