View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 12:15 AM
RicoRich196
Regular 'Geeker

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What is microsoft doing?

I have a TP and an iPod Touch and have been using WinMo since the Apache days so I am very unbiased when it comes to WinMo but there isn't a person here that can tell me that the iPhone/iPod Touch doesn't provide a better media experience, web browsing experience, google maps experience, or game playing experience.

Honestly I am so sick and tired of WinMo lovers defending WinMo to death and not willing to accept the fact that Apple has made a superior product in every way (except multi-tasking which annoys me to no end with my iPod Touch, and the appstore restrictions).

Play a game on the iPod Touch/iPhone even something as simple as solitaire and it's a way better experiece, listen to music while browsing the web so you can see how seamless it is. Now I don't like ATT at all and I think their coverage is terrible (Sprint over here) but I am able to accept the fact that Apple has inspired companies to man up and step up to the plate. Without the iPhone there wouldn't have been a TouchFlo3D or Android.

Safari = the best browser, Opera doesn't even compare and this was made extremely apparent to me last week. I normally don't use Opera or IE I use Opera Mini. So during a break between classes I decided to go on Bananarepublic.com to show a girl this toggle coat I'm trying to buy this month. Okay Opera Mini was impossible to use to browse that site, so I fire up IE about 3/4 into loading the site IE closes, fine let's fire up Opera 9.5, the site is practically unbearable to navigate.

BUT, I fire up mobile safari on the campus's wifi connection and I can easily get to the website, get to the coat and zoom in all with ease. I'm telling anybody try to go on that site with opera 9.5 then try mobile safari it's a world's difference.

-An estimated 5 people will come in here screaming how much better WinMo is compared to Apple's OSX without having spent any real time with it.

I've owned my iPod Touch since last April so I'm pretty much good on it and I've owned my TP since December currently running NRGs latest rom. Among my bookmarks are Wmpoweruser.com, Wmexperts.com, and pocketnow.com, as well as this forum, XDA-devs, and Everythingdiamond so don't think Imma hater.
You know me? I can spot a Swan from a Duck
My approach? Smoother than an Armani tux

Last edited by RicoRich196; 10-05-2009 at 12:33 AM.