View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 06:22 PM
cmajewsk
VIP Member

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What is microsoft doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by himan View Post
I am not an apple fanboy.

Yesterday my friend showed me his iphone and another friend had the itouch. The speed was incredible. The games on it were incredible. Oregan trail? Sonic the hedgehog? Super-fast games that were beautiful.

Why does the TP/TP2 suck so much in terms of graphics/cpu power? How is microsoft and htc so behind on this? It's not as if the iphone or winmo are brand new.

anyone know why non-iphone phone makers want to make outdated/crappy products?

P.s. yes, I am using a custom rom (NRG - probably the best/fastest). But even with all of his hard work, my tp comes nowhere close to the iphone. =\ thinking of switching in a year or two
I also have an iPod Touch, and thus far, have stopped playing games on my TP. Even simple games like Uno are just so much more enjoyable on my iPod. Sometimes, I turn on HTC Wifi Router on my TP, and use my iPod Touch to:

Pull down news like the NYT, USA Today, Time Mobile...
Check Traffic
Connect to my offices VPN (as Cisco does not seem to have a Windows Mobile VPN client, but Apple has one WTF?)
Check email, since the screen is larger and it's much easier to read and I cannot believe how well the onscreen keyboard works and yes I was a skeptic.

Look, I agree the TP is pretty far behind. The speed and crispness at which the Apple products run are so far ahead it's makes my lowly TP look pretty pathetic. I too run custom ROM's and yes, they help, but the chefs can only do so much. Speaking of custom ROM's, we do have to do a lot of tweaking (not to mention all the tweaks the chefs build in) to get these devices to work decently. Try Pandora on the iPod, just a simple install and your off and running, no freaking havng to install some already tweaked cab file (VGA+IVAN1.cab), and then changing the TCP window...that's ridiculous! Don't get me starting on trying to get NFS to work or even look halfway decent and not lockup the device .

It's unfortunate that these comparisons are so far out of whack, but they are. I do think WinMo is catching up, along with the hardware (TouchHD2, Omina HD, etc...). So just wait - things will get better.

Last edited by cmajewsk; 10-04-2009 at 06:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.