View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 04:58 PM
nttdemented
Regular 'Geeker

nttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Man, I hate this phone

Heh... I had the same problem as you man. I ended up switching to the Palm Pre and I VERY much love how it just plain works for the main things I do regularly. But trust me, WM phones still have head and shoulders more functionality and more flexibility than anything from the iPhone, WebOs or Android camp. Just look at the shear ammount of home brewed development is going on in the WinMo camp and its quite simple to see how versatile WinMo phones really are.

Sure they do give a million headaches when you're trying to be on the bleeding edge of the latest ROMs out there. But if you really want to just use your phone shop around for more mature 6.1 based ROMs with an older more stable version of Manila, add the programs you like the most and use your phone like mad. I'm sure the 6.1 stuff by the big guys out there must be very stable and polished.

Right now I just decided to step back into the WinMo game for a bit and I took my Diamond out of the drawer and started flashing the latest stuff to see what MS is doing. And my G/F, who I left maraudered with a Diamond herself, she didn't care to switch to the Pre because of spending more on another phone. I'm trying to cook up something fresh and stable for her since the ROM I left on her phone has a few quirks.

Heck once I'm done I'll re-activate my Diamond through the Sprint website and use it for a few days just to use something different.

Last edited by nttdemented; 10-02-2009 at 05:00 PM.