View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 04:40 PM
dcd
VIP Member

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
others asking for donations for there custom ROMS.
my take on this has always been f'it, nobodys forcing anybody to donate anything, i dont ask for donations, and i donate when/where i see fit and dont when i dont see fit.

Quote:
can these ROMS be considered Custom, if you are basing it off of ROM from Alltel, Sprint or whoever?
at this point, my rom is comprised of these elements:
SYS ported from another device, widely used by rom developers all over the place, modified to my liking.
OEMApps from alltel modified to my liking. If you compare alltels OEMApps, sprints, mine, telus, etc etc, you will see the key parts that came from htc with some things the carrier chose to include on top of that. mine is pretty bare, with mms still there, and most of htc's stuff.
OEMDrivers mostly from 2.14, SD driver from 2.16, differnt battery driver, etc etc. Peiced together by me out of a collection of all known titan dumps. Not hard to do, but the work that went into this section was done by HTC, then picked thru by me. I doubt the carrier had anything to do with it.
then my OEMs, many of which are borrowed, derived, modified, etc from what was already out there.
I think most of the 'custom roms' available are built in the same fashion.

Quote:
What I would like to know is how come you all dont work together to bring us an Ultimate ROM fix?
above what everyone else said about no one perfect rom for everyones needs...
most of us do communicate and share information and solve problems together. ive pretty much provided any peice of my work thats been asked for under the right conditions. i've also used alot of other peoples work, and learned everything from other peoples work.

i only perused the custel thread and whatever, it doesnt bother me. i primarily do this stuff for my own amusement and phone usability. obviously theres a community thats helpful and nice to give back to. i dont take any offense to your post at all i just dont see (with few exceptions) where anybodys not being cooperative and making progress together on cool stuff for our devices.