View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Riley
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Man, I hate this phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by avhokie View Post
It's now been one year that I've owned the Diamond. That's how long it took to go from singing its praises to anyone who would listen to hating the phone.

It seems like I am on an endless path to make this thing work right. Of course, even if I get it to work right, it won't matter as its battery life makes it useless.

For example, today it went from fully charged to 35% in 5 hours with about 2 minutes of talk time and ~80 exchange emails, and polling of my yahoo account every 30 minutes (2 emails today).

So now the question is, do I even try with the TP2? Or do I go off to the iPhone, Android, or Palm WebOS and not look back. At this point, I am thinking it's time to say goodbye to WM, thought I don't know which of the other 3 to pick yet.

Anyone else in the same boat?
'

unfortunately none of the 3 are going to give you good battery life. In fact, most smartphones in general that provide you the ability to surf the web, stream music, email sync, etc are not going to have good battery life. the tp2 has a larger battery (1500) but I doubt there has been any real changes to reduce power consumption. Android not sure to be honest but I don't think it would make a difference, Palm Pre is not getting good reviews for battery life. I-phone, my colleagues have them and overheard one of them saying is phone loses half battery life if he makes a long call so I doubt it performs any better except you can force Edge data which I heard with get much better battery life over ATT 3g network. But I dont expect any of them to have good battery reviews. One device to keep an eye out for is the new Omnia 2 since they are using another technology which uses less power for the screen (amoled screens). I would think this would help with battery life but who knows.

one other thing, you battery probably needs replaced. I have the diamond as well for nearly a year with the original battery. My phone has been off the charger since 7:45am. Usage: Couple brief calls, several email with email set to push for the morning, every 30 minutes in the afternoon. Couple data sessions totalling 10-15 minutes. I sitting at 65% after 6 1/2 hours. so you may need to swap out a battery or stop by the store and they may give you one

Last edited by Riley; 10-02-2009 at 02:29 PM.