Thread: Jumping ship!
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 11:38 AM
CozBoogie
Coz-erator

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Jumping ship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Well hello there! I am considering buying a Pre and abandon those cripple HTC devices. Pro2 was the last nail in their coffin! I am wondering how customizable is the Palm OS. Is it as near as customizable as WM? Can it be hacked ,tweaked and modded? And last question in which is the must important question, can it be activated in a SERO account?
No to SERO.

And yes, there are a lot of mods/tweaks available right now. As someone else stated if you know Linux then there's basically nothing you can't do.

Wanna change the skin of your on-screen keyboard...that ability comes prepackaged with the virtual keyboard.

Wanna change your boot logo (which on WM devices required copying a specific file to the right Windows location, etc.). With the Pre just hook the phone to your pc and using WebOS Quick Install you just select the files you want to use and everything else is done for you.

Wanna new theme for your Pre (icons, backgrounds, lock-screen, dialer, and more)? Currently there are 158 themes. Using Preware (on your phone...yes it's all OTA), you select the theme and it installs automatically. That's it! No putting .png files in the right folders, etc.

That's just some of the stuff that a casual user can do in a few minutes.

Drop that TP2 and check out the Pre.

late,
Coz