View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 10:34 AM
chuckz07
VIP Member
Threadstarter

chuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Manila Editing How To

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
question.
i ripped all the images out of my manila files and something wierd is happening on a few of them.

on my phone the images look fine. the one i am showing now it my txt icon for slider.

again on the phone it looks fine. when i use the export png from manila the above picture is what i get. if i backup that manila file and replace it with the same file then move it back to my windows directory then the image is messed up on my phone.

any ideas why this is happening?

also, is there a reference sheet of something that list all manila files and there functions???? that would be a lot easier if i wanted to change a paticular icon. i wouldnt have to search for it. for example i wanted to change the missed call icon on the home screen and i found an image that looked identical and changed it but it was not the correct one. i still cant find the missed call icon....

one more question.... as i put different cabs to remove logo, or custom slider/clock, or whatever does this alter the manila files? does it delete, add, or change any existing number sequences????

any help is very appreciated.

Icon distortion:
I honestly cannot say why that is happening to you. I personally have never had that happen to me. I f someone who reads this knows why please chime in. I do not have an answer. Sorry!

Reference: To my knowledge there is no reference, atleast not that I have seen. However, there is an older version of a manila editor that I started with years ago that I will search for. It can be found on XDA, but like I said I will search for it and post it if I find it. Reason fir this is because when you view the manila files, it sorts that majority of them by what they are used for, ie. slider, weather, etc. So for reference it can come in handy.

Installing edited manila files: The process of installing an edited manila image file does overwrite the existing stock file. The stock file still exists, so to speak, but only comes back when you either uninstall the changed file(s) or hard reset your device. So basically speaking, no matter what changes you make, factory defaults and or mistakes can be fixed. The fix might be a hard reset, but if you are wondering if you mess something up can it be fixed the answer is yes.

I hope i wrote this so it can be understood!? If you have any more questions or concerns please post.
This post has been thanked 1 times.